Fall 2017 Forum
The Changing Energy Landscape in the Pacific Northwest
When: Friday, September 29, 2017 - 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. (hours approximate)
Where: Montgomery Park, 2701 NW Vaughn St, Portland, OR 97210
Why: Please join APEM and gain a deeper understanding of the political, economic and social forces driving the clean energy industry. Walk away with insights into how to meet the current challenges and position your company or organization to take advantage of future opportunities. Hear firsthand from a City of Portland representative who will provide an update on the City of Portland and Multnomah County’s carbon emissions reduction goals, with a focus on reducing emissions from commercial building energy consumption. Learn about the forces shaping the markets for renewable energy, energy efficiency and new fuels.
This forum will address timely issues, including:
- How energy efficiency can enhance business profitability.
- How community solar projects are progressing in both Washington and Oregon.
- How is new legislature shaping the renewable energy industry? How does this model work financially for all partners?
- What does all this mean for the market of energy and utility contracts for future power supplies?
- Vinh Mason, Green Building Policy Coordinator, Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Tom Haymaker, Manager Energy Planning and Operations, Clark Public Utilities
- Matt Babbitts, Energy Services Project Manager, Clark Public Utilities
CEU: Continuing Education Units available for this forum
Both breakfast and lunch catered by Elephant's Delicatessen