Please join us for our 2015 Fall Forum!
Tuning, Tracking, and Troubleshooting: Digital Controls For Modern Buildings
Building and Lighting Controls; What Do I Need To Know?
When: September 18th - 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where: Clackamas CC, Wilsonville Training Center, 29353 SW Town Center Loop E, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Why: So many people, even those in the energy industry, have questions about building controls and information systems. This event will contain practical information for the typical building owner, as well as tips, tricks and info for contractors, system designers and installers. The forum will include:
- Discussions on common controls issues
- A presentation on what to look for in a new controls system
- A presentation on designing and commissioning a controls system
- A discussion on how owners can use building analytics to curb their energy costs and help equipment run more efficiently
- Updates on incentives and new technology. Vendors will be on site to share the newest technology and personally explain the details of their state-of-the-art controls equipment
This will also be a fantastic opportunity for networking and professional growth. Please join us for our Fall Forum on September 18th in Wilsonville.
8:00-8:30am Registration and continental breakfast – visit with exhibitors
8:30-8:45am Welcome by Colleen Collins, Oregon APEM President
8:45–9:30am What’s The Meaning of all This? Controls 101, a discussion of terms
BacNet, LonWorks, Global Controllers, Analytics, System Integration,
I/O, communication buses, Network Architecture, etc-Matt Travis,
Trane of Oregon
9:30-10:30am Standard and Innovative Controls Designs and Techniques for
Energy Savings-Mike Hatten, Solarc
10:30-11:00am Networking Break and Visit With Exhibitors
11:00-Noon Commissioning Controls in Both New and Existing Buildings-Bryan Welsh
Noon-12:15pm Vendor Introductions
12:15-1:00pm Catered Lunch (As Good As It Gets Catering by Cheryl’s on 12th)
1:00-1:15pm Overview of Controls Incentives-Energy Trust of Oregon
1:15-2:15pm How to Utilize Building Analytics-Brice Kosnik, BuildPulse
Matt Travis, Trane of Oregon
Mike Hatten, Solarc
Bryan Welsh, Welsh Commissioning Group
Brice Kosnik, BuildPulse
CEU: Continuing Education Units available for this forum